Log on to University/Corporate WiFi Automatically?

Last Updated:

1. charon

charon New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I spend most of my time on a University campus that requires authentication to log on to the wifi. I'd like to have the phone automatically log on. I assume this can be done with something like Tasker, but I'm not sure how to go about it.
    When you connect to the wifi and try to load a page it redirects you to a login page asking for username and password, you submit, and it takes you to a page where you have to hit "Agree"... Every time you log in. And.. it times out after an hour of no use.
    All I've been able to do is have tasker open a browser and load the login page whenever I connect to the network. I would like to automate this if possible. This is also not ideal because if I loose the connection and reconnect, tasker opens a browser, even if I haven't timed out, which is unnecessary.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. papamac

papamac New Member

I have the same issue...There is free wi-fi at my work, but I would need to agree to the terms and conditions each time I want to log on....so it is annoying and i just leave wi-fi off.

I wish there was a script or app that would circumvent this.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

No way around it that I know of. Yell at your University, but until they change things you're stuck with what they give you.

4. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

There's an iPhone app called AutoWifi. Maybe someone could port it over.