• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Log out Gmail

Chipstak

Aug 26, 2016
Can you sigh out of Gmail webpage and still b signed in to google ? So everything stays syncing.. I don't use Gmail and it seems to stay logged in ( on webpage ...... App is closed ). I don't use the Gmail app... Talkn about using Gmail in browser..

yes, you can log out of the gmail for the web browser, but the rest of the account continues to run in the background.

if you want to change how the Notifications are effecting you, use the web browser to log into your Account Settings.

Aso of now if I type in Gmail in the Url it takes me to my open gmail page.... where do I sign out of it at.....

Upvote 0
Click on your avatar in the upeer-right corner of the page...

Attachments

• __temp.jpg
    __temp.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Tried.... I'm still logged in... if I type gmail in browser it pulls up my email.. I don't have to sign in....
I'm trying to make it so I can log in with Gmail account name and password ... don't want it to stay sighed in .

Not sure y it keeps me in....I even restarted my tablet too

While I never use the mobile version of Gmail on my Nexus 6, because I obviously have the Gmail app, I just ran a test to confirm a hunch...

My guess, and it seems to be correct, is that as long as you are using an Android device with Google Play Services, that requires you to be logged in to use, you will always still be automatically logged into Gmail, since your Google Account is basically your Gmail Account.

Basically, what I am trying to say is, if you want to be signed out of your Gmail Account, while using an Android phone, you would have to do so, without being signed in to Google Play Services, which doing so would render your Android phone practicality useless.

The only alternative, that I can possibly think of, would be to Root your phone, stop using Google Services and GApps all together, and install F-Droid, Amazon Underground App Store, Amazon Fire OS or some other Open Source Linux based OS.

Otherwise, you are stuck with being logged into Gmail on your Android phone, while using your Android phone.

Reactions: Chipstak
Upvote 0
In a round about way, I figured out how to do it for you...

I had to give my spare S5 phone to the daughter as her HTC went to bonkersland...

well, it was registered to my gmail account natcherly.....
ended up going to gmail accounts on it and Logging Out, but the phone was still registered to me.

so then, I went to Google Accounts on my PC browser and unlinked, and removed the device S5.
When I did that, Play.Google.Store refused to work for her anymore.

then went into Settings/accounts and registered her a new Google Account and wallah, the phone no longer thinks it belongs to me.

if you don't want to do the above, the phone will always know of you on your registered gmail account, because that is how Google Services keeps track,

Upvote 0
Mainly I just wanted to log out on my phone.. since I have that with me the most and there is always people that for some reason want to borrow ur phone.....jus incase they use the browser and hit gmail.. I don't want mine to come up...

Azgl..... I want to keep all 3 devices still linked to me.., just not gmail on phone..... I'm not trying to create a different accnt. So being that I don't think it will work for me.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones