Logging into Account while on Huawei Ascend

Last Updated:

1. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have difficulty logging into their Cricket account when on their Huawei Ascend?

Advertisement
  2. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

To clarify...when I go to Cricket's website on my phone.
  3. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

No problems here. What kind of problems are you having? Is telling you wrong username/password, or something else?

Have you rooted your phone and removed the stock "My account" app?
  4. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

It says web page not available.

I am rooted and I froze the My Account app. I didn't think doing that would actually freeze My Account when I went to the Cricket website.
  5. r0ckstarr

Ok. I am having problems to. I guess I haven't went to the Cricket site on my phone since I rooted and froze. I get the same thing as you: Web page not available". (I did go to it through the Browser, btw)

I would say that a safe assumption would be that it's because we froze the "My Account" app because mine was working 2 days ago before I rooted and froze it. One way we can test it is to un-Freeze that app and see if we can get to it then.
  6. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

I don't have any probs with it.

Is that on the list of things safe to remove on the Step by Step thread? If so I should change it.

Brilliant deduction, Oswald!!!

:D :D :D
  7. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I believe it is. Otherwise I wouldn't have froze it.
  8. r0ckstarr

I "Defrosted" the My Account app, and can now get back into the Cricket web page. So, that's what the problem is.

I would much rather view and manage my account through my desktop PC, so I am going to re-Freeze it since it will be something that I will not use / do not mind not using on the phone.

Edit: Now I am having probs trying to Freeze the MyAccount app again. Titanium Backup is telling me that I need the Pro version to Freeze things. I have the Pro version key.
    Edit2: Fixed it by rebooting the phone.
    la sal likes this.
  9. Jazziette

Thanks! I'll go change it.

Love your running narration of edits! LMAO!!!

:D
  10. r0ckstarr

Thanks! I learned from somewhat more strict car forums, where, if you have the last post in a thread, you do not make another post immediately after. You just edit your post to include what is needed. It's a courtesy thing so people don't have to keep scrolling through post after post for bits of information.
  11. Jazziette

That's very cool! Makes sense to me! (if I don't think about it)

LOL

J/K

:D