• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Logging Into Android Market

teckn1caLity

Dec 20, 2009
When I login to the Market I get this error..

Sorry! The application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.

I'm logging in over a WiFi connection because I have yet to transfer my data plan to this phone but I do have everything else. Is there a reason for the error and or a fix?

Update: I'm trying to avoid a hard reset :D

Upvote 0
When I login to the Market I get this error..

Sorry! The application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.

I'm logging in over a WiFi connection because I have yet to transfer my data plan to this phone but I do have everything else. Is there a reason for the error and or a fix?

Update: I'm trying to avoid a hard reset :D

You try removing, re-install, clear cache, clear history, blah blah blah? I had this issue in past and a re-install worked.

Upvote 0
No, I have a data plan and I can browse the web just fine on the browser and facebook, ect.. It's kinda weird.. I'm rooted and running Fresh1.1.. this is what I get:

Force Close on: process com.android.settings

Can't establish a reliable data connection to the
server.
This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card
may not be provisioned for data services. If continues,
call Customer Care.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, Problem Resolved (for now)... I changed my Google password and restored a backup. When the restore was complete, it wanted my new password, so I entered it and it works.. I'm still getting my calendar force closing when it tries to sync, but i'll live with that for now (that's the problem I was trying to fix in the first place)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok, Problem Resolved (for now)... I changed my Google password and restored a backup. When the restore was complete, it wanted my new password, so I entered it and it works.. I'm still getting my calendar force closing when it tries to sync, but i'll live with that for now (that's the problem I was trying to fix in the first place)

Thanks!

How do you perform a restore from a backup? I'm having this same issue.

Upvote 0
How do you perform a restore from a backup? I'm having this same issue.

Are you rooted?? When you root, you create a backup (or a number of backups, whatever you want)... I used one of those backups, which fixed the problem.. If you haven't done that, I guess you could try changing your google password on your computer, rebooting your phone and seeing if that helps.... I would try something like that before having to restore or possibly resetting your phone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones