Logging into Gmail or Antroid Market without data plan

1. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

I just got new Behold II but I do not have a data plan. Initially, using WiFi, my son logged on to his Gmail account but then I cleared his login within Application settings.

Now, I try to login to my Gmail account or Antroid Market but it doesn't work ...I keep getting "Cannot establish a reliable connection with server. - This could be a temporaty problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data service,. If it continues, call Customer care.

Do I have to have data plan? If that's case, how did my son logged on to his account?

Any idea?

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Not at all, No you absolutely do not need a data plan... wifi works just fine but apparently you might not have a good wifi connection by the sounds of it.
  3. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

I have a fine Wi-Fi conection. I can search, go to other websites and even serach gmail and then login using from there. The problem is just when I try to connect via Antroid market or connect to gmail using GMail Icon.
  4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Does your WiFi allow downloads? that may be the problem for the android market not working and possibly also for not connecting to gmail.

Well have you tried using some other places wifi to see if it would work there?
  5. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

Yes, it allows download and it worked when I got the phone couple of weeks back but that time my son has logged on using his gmail account. Now, I cleared it using Application settings and tried to login using my credentials and won't work.

Also, I tried other PUBLIC Wi-Fi and see same error.
  6. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Hmm... thats very odd.
  7. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

I read somewhere that if I do hard reset, it would clear up and will let you login. I am thinking about it, only thing I have entered so many contacts manually, don't want to lose them :-(
  8. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Save them all to your sim card then once you reboot it should sync it back automatically.
  9. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

Thanks ...that's what I did. After that I did hard reset, restore from SIM card. All is well now. Thanks for your help.
  10. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

No problem :cool:
  11. CSNightHunter

CSNightHunter New Member

Ok,I have that same problem to...I just want to know I if do a hard reset, will it like require me to unlock the phone again or what?
  12. mikoo

mikoo Active Member

I am not sure what you mean by "unlock the phone" but, yes, hard reset did the trick for me. After that, it will ask you to login again. Once you do that, you should be all set.
  13. shawnpeck

shawnpeck Well-Known Member

Hey you all. I just quit using my B2 and upgraded to a G1 (yes, it's an upgrade). So my wife is using the B2 without a data plan. So I logged in my my sim card, then put her sim card in. We can download apps and she gets gmail, but can't access the internet on wifi. What's up with that? Using a custom rom.