Lokking for a good Andoid Phone

Last Updated:

1. jms2367

jms2367 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

I'm new here and I am a current Winmo user. I registered here because I am thinking of getting a good android phone when I finally decide to move on from winmo since I think the old winmo platform will eventually lose M$ support.

I have a few reservations re andoid and one of them is the ability or inability to install apps natively to the SD card. Are all devices able to use apps2sd already for example the samsung spica and other non HTC devices? Also, do I really need to root the phone in order to have most functionality available to me as I read about in some of the threads? Anyway I am familiar with flashing roms since I have been doing that for sometime now with my Omnia.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. jms2367

hmm. anybody can give me some insights please to my reservations i posted above? is htc magic a good buy? i don't want to spend a lot for a phone.

4. holeshot

holeshot Member

I said the same as you did for the 9 months. The I basically said F IT I want the droid so I got it. Very happy with the decision.

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

6. jms2367

ok thanks. hope i don't have to wait that long. the droid maybe too beyond my budget and motorola has very limited support in our country as far as i know. i might go for an older device like the g1 or magic.

7. holeshot

holeshot Member

Im sure you will find what you want. As for support the people here are a awesome wealth of knowledge. If you get hung up on something I 'm pretty sure you will find the answer here.