• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lol please help this is WEIRD...

onesicktexan

Jun 28, 2010
TX
Ive got a weird question that i couldn't answer. Every time my mom puts her moto droid into her little leather case that hangs onto her belt it goes into Car Home mode. Its annoying she says cause it gets stuck into that mode. Her phone is on 2.2 Bugless Beast 0.4. When we put my sisters Moto droid into the holdster it does the same thing, except it goes back to the desktop when you pull it out. She is on 2.1 Stock. My moto droid does the same thing as my moms. We think it has something to do with the magnets inside her case. I recorded a video of it on my droid if anyone wants to see it e-mail me...onesicktexan4@gmail.com

We appreciate any help cause all 3 of us have WTF written across our foreheads. Thanks in advanced....

Droid FTW

Ive got a weird question that i couldn't answer. Every time my mom puts her moto droid into her little leather case that hangs onto her belt it goes into Car Home mode. Its annoying she says cause it gets stuck into that mode. Her phone is on 2.2 Bugless Beast 0.4. When we put my sisters Moto droid into the holdster it does the same thing, except it goes back to the desktop when you pull it out. She is on 2.1 Stock. My moto droid does the same thing as my moms. We think it has something to do with the magnets inside her case. I recorded a video of it on my droid if anyone wants to see it e-mail me...onesicktexan4@gmail.com

We appreciate any help cause all 3 of us have WTF written across our foreheads. Thanks in advanced....

Droid FTW

lols. the case is doing it...... probably

Reactions: onesicktexan
Upvote 0
The case that she's using has magnets to keep the lid shut. Those magnets are in the same place that the magnets are in the car mount that u can buy for the Droid. The Droid has magnetic sensors strategically located for the home mount and the car mount.

You can tell her to try putting the Droid in the case with the screen facing out (toward the magnets).

Reactions: onesicktexan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones