• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop and My Nexus 7 (2012)

jo69

Android Enthusiast
May 29, 2013
Downloaded Lollipop for my Nexus today.
My tablet is really struggling now with everything it does. Opening webpages starting programs etc
Its a disaster.

What can i do?

Dreading installing it at a later date on my LG G3 and my Asus Memo 102 note.
Am really upset.

Reporting back Didn't know what flashing was lol And site was down to ask you
Did a factory reset a couple of hours ago and so far its looking good
Don't think its as fast as when new But yesterday was taking forever to do anything at all
So thanks.

So when it comes time to update my LG G3 phone (which is my pride and joy lol) and my Asus Memo Tab ME102A do I do a factory restore with them also?
I was wondering if it recovered everything so easily because I had already installed Lollipop anyway?

Upvote 0
So when it comes time to update my LG G3 phone (which is my pride and joy lol) and my Asus Memo Tab ME102A do I do a factory restore with them also?
I was wondering if it recovered everything so easily because I had already installed Lollipop anyway?

It's recommended (but not essential) to do a Factory Reset after any major system upgrade.

Reactions: jo69
Upvote 0
It's recommended (but not essential) to do a Factory Reset after any major system upgrade.

Didnt know that before. But thanks to you all it now has made my nexus 7 faster again.

I also meant to say they gave me a free movie Frozen when I upgraded !

All i need now is to find out how to stop my nexus 7 taking a day to charge!!!!

Upvote 0
Didnt know that before. But thanks to you all it now has made my nexus 7 faster again.

I've installed every upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 and NEVER had any problems, I've never had to blank my nexus once, so that's strange that you had to.
However, the day to charge thing is common, I make sure to charge it every night, shut it down and plug it inwith the original plug and wire, or equivalent. Are you using the default wire?

Reactions: jo69
Upvote 0
So would you advise me to restore both my lg g3 and my asus menu before upgrading to lollipop?
What have you folks done?
Was giving up on my nexus 7 as couldnt do hardly anything with it after just clicking on it to upgrade automatically. Now it is quite fast after factory restore.
As i say my main prob with it now is an all day charge.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that many applications are slow/lagged and I often get kicked out of them. Yahoo email and Facebook are horrendous! If I cared more, I'd be pissed, but as it is it runs a bit better with the update.

This is after a Wug's install and FDR.

I also did a Wug's install and FDR, same issue with Facebook. what't the fix?? A fact0ry restore??

Upvote 0
Unrooted N7 here. I got the OTA update the other day and was excited, installed it and the excitement flew out the window... The tablet was pretty much unusable with the amount of lag. So, I did what everyone here says to do. FDR... Ugh, only slightly better, still so much lag in starting apps or even waking the device. The worst part is the 4-8 seconds it takes to rotate the screen when turning it. I even went into developer options and turned off animations. I'm ready to go back to KitKat, at least I could use the tablet... Unless anyone here has any good ideas.

Upvote 0

I had to do a reset and it fixed most of my lag. I am guessing our beloved tablets are just reaching their limits.

As for the charging all day, I had the same problem and used a toothpick to clean the contacts on my tablet. You want to be careful not to use to jam it in there hard, but it removed build up on the contacts and it has charged a lot better since I did that. Don't know if it will help in your situation but figured I would pass it along.

Reactions: jo69 and funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones