• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop battery usage chart Re: WiFi

exninja

Android Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2011
AZ
I've noticed that my battery usage chart is showing that WiFi is always on, however I have it switched off while not at home. I even turned Location completely off and still showing that WiFi is on. Anyone else see this? I'm wondering if there's an app or something trying to access and the OS is thinking that it's on...

I switched BatteryGuru off already. I may get rid of it, since it seems Lollipop does similar things and Guru doesn't seem to play nice with it.

First thing I tried:) So nobody else has seen this?
There was a very short blip where the WiFi was supposedly off but I don't know what happened at that time. Also, it doesn't seem to be affecting my battery much. My chart is squished to the left and it says I have 3 days available on this charge. I've hardly used the phone today, but this is unprecedented for me!

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2014-11-25-13-39-45.pngScreenshot_2014-11-25-13-39-09.png

Upvote 0
I have seen this problem on my Nexus 5 running Lollipop as well. I've been able to reproduce it by leaving a WiFi hotspot area while leaving WiFi connected. After that, even if you turn off WiFi, it always shows on. It's not until you reconnect to a WiFi and then disable it that the battery usage chart stops showing it!

EDIT: Someone has logged a bug on Android's bug tracker right before I was going to:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=81501&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones