• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop issue

BigBob

Lurker
Apr 17, 2015
Ran into problem with upgrade to lollipop that haven't seen even though it is supposed to be a known issue. If you are connecting through a wireless connection that has IPV6 enabled and are using Google services (like Facebook or Chrome), your Android device will barely work. Trust me - it happened to me and it felt like dial up on a 100 Mbps connection. Workaround is to set up a Guest network on your system with the IPV6 disabled, possibly one each for 5k and 2.4k devices and connect lollipop devices to the Guest network until Google has a patch. Crack open the old manual or contact the vendor as the setup is going to be product specific. I found this out after a week and a half of getting the runaround from Samsung trying to convince me that there was nothing wrong with the upgrade, so I must have screwed up the upgrade. And then I got it from my wireless vendor and Samsung acted like they had never heard of such a thing. NICE.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones