• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lollipop Lock screen notifications vs. Sensitive content

j355y

Lurker
Mar 4, 2015
Hi,

Just updated to Lollipop today on my S5 (Bell Mobility Canada).

I was experimenting with the new feature to display notifications on the lock screen, and hide sensitive content. There are basically three different values for this setting (my OS is in French, so maybe my translation is not exact):
  1. Display all content
  2. Hide (or block?) sensitive content
  3. Don't display notifications

My problem is that when set to "Display all content", you can then define applications as "sensitive", to hide the content of the notifications from those applications on the lock screen. It just doesn't work for me.

For example I set the setting to display all content, but I also set "email" and "messages" as sensitive. But when I receive an email or SMS, the content (first line or so) will be displayed on the lock screen.

If I set the setting to hide all sensitive data, everything is hidden, even weather.... Not so convenient....

I rebooted the phone, played with the setting switch.... I'm unable to hide the content from only selected apps....

Any ideas?

Thank you, Jessy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones