• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop - unable to delete from home screens

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Hi there. I downloaded Lollipop (5.1.1 / P600XXUDOJ3) OTA a couple of weeks or so ago, and finally managed to clear the 3 GB space the upgrade needed and did the deed last week. Really happy so far, except...

I noticed that S Planner had disappeared from one of my home screens and accidentally added an oversized version of the widget which requires a full home screen. Instead of telling me that there wasn't enough space on the existing screen, Android created a new screen and dumped the widget in it. Now I've found that if I try to delete the widget by pressing and dragging it to the top of the screen, it won't have it. It won't delete and bounces straight back down. Also if I pinch to zoom to view all of my screens and try to delete the whole screen, again it won't delete.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Any ideas about how to get rid of the unwanted widget?

Thanks all.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones