• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop update is here in UK

NineToTheSky

Android Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2010
UK
ninetothesky.com
I have a SIM only Edge and I have just received the Lollipop update. It downloads fairly quickly, reboots, stays on a screen with Samsung on it for a short while, and then goes to one that says Android is updating... optimising app ... of 362. This takes some time. And that's it.

I then had to manually update Google Play services and S Health. The Google apps look different. And now I'm off to explore!

I have a SIM only Edge and I have just received the Lollipop update. It downloads fairly quickly, reboots, stays on a screen with Samsung on it for a short while, and then goes to one that says Android is updating... optimising app ... of 362. This takes some time. And that's it.

I then had to manually update Google Play services and S Health. The Google apps look different. And now I'm off to explore!

Updated mine to lollipop at the weekend. Not really sure what improvements have been made as I'd only had the phone a few hours before it updated.

Seems to me a big backward step with this upgrade for Edge owners...the camera shutter button is now on the main screen like the Note 4....So one of the benefits of the Edge has gone. Also one of the video modes has gone too (can't remember what it was called) but it was the best video mode.

So all in all....I'm not really that pleased with it. I'm hoping they release another update to rectify these issues.

Upvote 0

Updated mine to lollipop at the weekend. Not really sure what improvements have been made as I'd only had the phone a few hours before it updated.

Seems to me a big backward step with this upgrade for Edge owners...the camera shutter button is now on the main screen like the Note 4....So one of the benefits of the Edge has gone. Also one of the video modes has gone too (can't remember what it was called) but it was the best video mode.

So all in all....I'm not really that pleased with it. I'm hoping they release another update to rectify these issues.

Upvote 0
I updated to Lollipop the other day, and to be honest I'm not too impressed. The general look of it is ok, although I think it is very buggy.
The screen refresh also seems to have a bit of a lag.

The main problem that I don't like it that is now takes an age to update from Google Play store. I tap update and it downloads, then stops on the install bar for along time before it completes. To give an idea I updated 2 apps (both of small file size about 2 to 3 mb each) and it took 30 minutes to update them. How long!!!!

Another thing I'm not keen on although just my view. They have now moved the Camera button from the Edge Screen to the main screen...why? I liked it on the edge screen it gave it a proper camera feel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones