• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lollipop update on Cricket

Hey yes I see it as on.

Trust it to be enabled on a U.S. phone! :rolleyes:

You can disable this, hopefully, by going into... Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock... and unchecking it. You should then be able to flash the firmware via Odin.

Right, as they used to say on old maps, "Here be dragons!", when they did not know exactly what lay ahead. As per my post #14, we are now entering the unknown as the Cricket firmware is brand new and I am not able to personally test it on an AT&T, G900A, phone. In theory, it should work. If not, you will need to see my post #16. The choice... is yours! ;)

Upvote 0
Trust it to be enabled on a U.S. phone! :rolleyes:

You can disable this, hopefully, by going into... Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock... and unchecking it. You should then be able to flash the firmware via Odin.

Right, as they used to say on old maps, "Here be dragons!", when they did not know exactly what lay ahead. As per my post #14, we are now entering the unknown as the Cricket firmware is brand new and I am not able to personally test it on an AT&T, G900A, phone. In theory, it should work. If not, you will need to see my post #16. The choice... is yours! ;)

Hey I have no such option on my security settings. I really dont know what else to do

Upvote 0
Hey I have no such option on my security settings. I really dont know what else to do

Well, that's that then unless you root your phone. AT&T really do lock down their bootloader, tight on their model. On the Samsung firmwares for the international models, there are no locked bootloaders and the Reactivation lock is unchecked by default...

Upvote 0
hey, so i did it this way. It worked but this is a hybrid not so? if so should i try the Cricket now as i didnt select the option go the reactivation lock on setup.

That is stock AT&T firmware that is just rooted or deodexed, (depending on which firmware you flashed), and I would recommend staying on that unless you can find someone who has flashed the new Cricket firmware to it.

Upvote 0
That is stock AT&T firmware that is just rooted or deodexed, (depending on which firmware you flashed), and I would recommend staying on that unless you can find someone who has flashed the new Cricket firmware to it.

oh okay. thanks so much for all the help. You have been great. I will be seeking more advice from you in the future if needed. i hope you dont mind

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones