Long lag time to home screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since the 2.2 upgrade my Droid has a lag of ~10 seconds to bring up the home screen from any app. If I go to the list of Apps from there it can take up to 15 seconds for them to show. This has gotten to be beyond frustrating. Has this been reported elsewhere? Are there any know fixes?

-Jim

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

How many apps do you have installed? have you forced any to the SDCard? How much free space do you have? how many services are running?

Some basic questions, b/c your problem is not one that occurs across the board, only when something causes it - so we need to figure out what is causing it on your phone.

3. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last night I uninstalled Beautiful Widgets and disabled Locale. The problem went away, like having an new phone. I enabled Locale and the problem came back, not as bad as with BW, but bad enough. It is a shame, I like Locale, but it isn't worth it. I'm thinking of trying Tasker to see if that will work.

I do have a lot of apps, I have moved everything I can to the SD.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I use Locale 24/7/365, and I dont have the problem. What kind of settings are you using, and what exactly are you using Locale for?

I also have Beautiful Widgets, with the smaller home widget on my main screen in LP....

When you say you have moved everything you can, is this normal moving or is this forcing apps to the SDCard?

Finall,y do you have a lot of music / multimedia files on the SDCard?