long lines at verizon?

Last Updated:

1. jesuscalle

jesuscalle Member This Topic's Starter

are you guys expecting there to be really long lines at verizon stores on thursday morning when the stores open? and if you are going in the morning, what time are you planning on getting to verizon to wait?

Advertisement
  2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

need i remind you this is not an iphone?

3. jesuscalle

I know lol.. ive just been reading other forums and some people are talking about getting there at 6am to get one. I was just wondering if people are really expecting that long of lines on thursday morning because everyone i talk to hasnt even heard of the droid x

4. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. My local store is only supposed to receive four on the 15th, but I don't know how many people might be interested in this small town.

5. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yeah, my Verizon opens at regular hours on the 15th, and then I have to be at work an hour later, so I'm kind of worried about this too. I have no idea what to expect, as I have never purchased a phone or anything similar on release day.

6. jesuscalle

yeah me neither,, i just dont want to get there and have there be a line thats like an hour and a half long.

7. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

The CSRs at my local store told me that they're opening same time as usual: 8:55 AM. They expect no lines nor any campers. I told 'em I have to be at my shop by 9:25 to open up, and they all said no sweat. We'll to the paperwork and I can pick up the phone later that day.

8. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I thought it would be no problem at first, but the way my store is talking now they expect a lot of people. I know it won't be anything close to the iphone, but it has me a little worried.

9. jesuscalle

I called my local verizon store, and the guy did not help at all. I asked if they have gotten a lot of people asking about the droid x and he said he didnt know. and then i asked if there was any way of reserving one for release day and once again he said i dont know. I then asked to speak to another representative and he had already hung up the phone. when i called back i got the same guy so i figured id call back again tomorrow and try again or just go down to the store.

10. doctajay

doctajay Well-Known Member

the store near me opens at 7 a.m. thursday, but they also took down my name and said they would hold one for me if i came on thursday. I will still be there by 6:30a.m. though :)

11. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

The CRS's keep saying to not expect a line and no shortages. However you do not make any buzz if you have plenty of units for everyone that wants one. So I suspect they will sell quite quickly. But they have a second order already placed and it will be in store and on the website by Monday. That way they get the buzz and yet still have product avail in a timely manner.

12. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

there better not be shortages!!!
    i don't really wanna have to wait 6 years to get my DX

13. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't trust them anymore on this subject. I get different answers depending on who I talk to (all in the same store).

I figure that if something happens when I go into the store where I am unable to get my X, I will just order online later. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

14. tsanuri

Atleast you are not in the spot I am in. I will be on vacation and in a state that charges you for the full price of the phone not the discount. I know Costco is different or they used to be when I lived there before. So if there are shortages I have to order it online and have it shipped and sitting here for me when I get home, but this will have 2 ported numbers, so not a good idea. Or hope that Costco has them and that they still charge on the wholesale price for a phone. I would not mind paying an extra 14 per phone with the costco extras but I would mind paying and extra 42 per phone.

15. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Are you referring to tax? I live in CA and have to pay tax on full retail price of the phone.

16. tsanuri

Yes must have missed the Tax part.

17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Nahhhh, I don't think they'll be any lines or shortages. That's an iPhone thing with giant lines! And shortages were mainly an HTC problem. MOTO is a much bigger company and should have plenty to go around.

18. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

There won't be any lines

19. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am expecting a line at my store. Which sucks because that means if I want a DX on launch day I'll have to be one of those fools you see on TV waiting hours in line for a damn phone. FML

20. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I'm hoping no, but who knows really? I will be there an hour early (7am), if there is a line of 10+ people I will go down the street to another VZW that is opening at 9 and try my luck there.

21. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

You folks thinking there will not be shortages are kidding yourselves. Several leaks about initial channel fill is 100K units. They are planting just enough out there to satisfy first day of launch and then "sold out" buzz to be timed with the next shipment batch to refill channels (within a few days).

No stinkin' amoled shortages here, just pure marketing straturjee' :) ;)

22. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Well-Known Member

When I preordered mine the rep told me she didn't know how many were coming in. She also told me she only had 5 preordered. I'm hoping to get one Thursday. Since I'm currently have an iPhone I'm gonna give the DX a try before I switch the entire family over to verizon.

23. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Shortages should hit within two days of launch. If not, maybe the buzz is mainly limited to forums like this. Forums do tend to distort general perception of a total population ;)

24. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i don't expect a line at either of the Corp stores here in my city. I called again yesterday and the guy told me that they were suppose to get plenty. I know some of you think that is BS but i feel there will be plenty ...here anyways. Think about it, other than people like us that sit here and read about the noise all day, not many other people know about the DX VZW hasn't marketed this at all publicly imo. I will probably go to my store about 30 min early.

25. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

I've gotten mixed responses from various stores as to how many they are getting, if there will be a line etc. The last one I stopped at yesterday though said they already have numbers made up to give to people standing in line. I didn't like the sound of that!!

Luckily, I have 5 or so VZW stores within 20 minutes of me. And hopefully Best Buy comes through on the pre order, and hopefully they will do 1 year contracts!