Long Press Search question

Last Updated:

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I long press the search key, I get a list of apps to choose from. Is there a way to remove some of the entries from this list?

I know I can assign one as a default, but I don't want to do that. I want to leave a couple of the options, but I don't need Handcent and Dialer One to show up there.

Advertisement
  2. asp2010

asp2010 Active Member

long press the search key? nothing happens when i do that on my Desire. if you're talking about the list which shows your recent searches (including apps), i don't know if there's a way to clear it, but i'd love to be able to do it with my market search history.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you mean a long press on the home key, it brings up the last six apps you used (FroYo brings up 8). No way to really change that.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, not the home key. I know what that does. On the Evo, at least, a long press on the search button brings up the voice search, and other apps can apparently attach themselves to that function, too. The MultiTask Manager is one such program.

On my Evo, a long press of the search button brings up a list which includes Voice Search, MultiTask Manager, Handcent Quick Compose, and Dialer One.

I can't find any options in settings, either in the individual programs or in the phone's settings, to control this list.

5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

There's no way to remove apps from that list short of uninstalling them, and yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about.

6. asp2010

asp2010 Active Member

today, i accidentally found out about the search button long press you are talking about. i installed chompSMS, which gives you the option to choose a shortcut to compose a message. it can either be set to long press the camera button or the search key ;)

i believe you can only find the settings to this long press function in the apps that use it, as there are none in the phone settings. good luck!