Long story, lots of problems.Support

1. Hollandaise

Hollandaise New Member

I'm sorry if I do anything wrong here. I have absolutely no forum experience. :(
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate or something.(?)

Anyways, as the title says, this is a long story. I hope you'll bear with me.
    My samsung galaxy S had been working fine up until I decided to update it. I used Kies Mini. I had to update twice since I there had been two updates since I received it. The first update was perfect. Then, I updated it a second time. When I did, my computer went into sleep mode during the update, and my phone became bricked. Kies noticed this, and gave me instructions on how to flash my phone. I thought I was okay.

After a while with this great new update, my phone kept unlocking. I thought this was my fault. Turns out, it wasn't. It was my firmware. This continued for a while until my lock button stopped working. I had decided to reflash my phone with odin, but now odin won't recognize my phone.

When I try to get my phone to download mode, it works. Sadly, my computer, and odin, fail to recognize it. I can't use any other option because of my lock button, and I'm all out of options.

Thanks a bunch! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

make sure to open odin b4 connecting the phone. also try a different version of odin
  3. Rash

Rash Well-Known Member

Have you got the correct drivers installed.. Try to uninstall current Odin on your computer & reinstall again.. Also try using an older version (I remember Odin v3.x.x something is good)..

What are you trying to do, update firmware or what..??

Edit: make sure it's not running in the background as that will certainly interfere..best to uninstall it close kies when using Odin