Long touch to take a picture doesnt work?Support

Last Updated:

1. lildonovan000

lildonovan000 Member This Topic's Starter

I have the camera open and I long touch an object and the little box turns green and it makes a noise but no picture is taken...how can i make it take the picture using a long touch

Advertisement
  2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

not sure that you can........... ive only ever known to push in the trackpad.

3. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

Touching the box causes it to focus, pretty sure taking the picture involves the trackpad or the camera button the screen

4. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

it will take a picture if you hold your finger there long enough. I do it all the time.

5. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

No, you can take pictures by long pressing.

I have some problems with it every once in a while as well. Just long press multiple times and it eventually works for me.

6. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

I rarely use the track pad to take pics because the pictures are easier to take using the finger press method on the screen. I don't worry about any blurs in the pic when doing it that way.

7. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

For some reason, long press doesn't seem to work if you have auto focus turned on. That's been my experience...

8. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

It's flaky, only works sometimes. Hopefully Froyo will address this issue.

9. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member

It works for me all the time...auto focus or not. I long press and when it focuses keep holding. Sometimes a bit buggy and it auto focuses a second time and then takes the picture...I think its easier to hold steady with that method.

10. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

it does work but can be really buggy so i rarely use it

11. Dmark

Dmark Well-Known Member

It works well for me unless I'm not very steady or if the subject is moving.

12. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

I think it only works when it recognizes that the image is completely in focus(according to the phone). That's why it seems buggy from time to time because it can't get focused on the image. That's not to say it's not in focus so when this happens I usually say "DAMN IT" and just slide my figure over to the track pad and snap it. I don't see why it can't be fixed some how with the next update but if you read other threads they all start talking about drivers and emulators or some sheet.

13. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

It works with auto focus on or off.. but I've personally turned autofocus off because I've gotten better results that way. Its buggier when you have it on because if the area you are touching to take the pic is different than the autofocus point, it'll take longer to snap the pic. Focus has to readjust, etc. Autofocus seems to work better if you prefer to take pics with the optical joystick button.

14. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

Interesting . . .

I just tried this and the first picture took right away. Picture 2 took right after I had given up and let off the screen. But I heard the whir of the camera, and I inferred it was focusing.