• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Longer Battery Life, Finally!

There is not a problem with the stock 1500maH battery, it has more to do with tweaking the settings, and most importantly, understanding that your battery will not be at peak performance until you have charged and discharged it 3-4 times.

I honestly wouldn't have expected HTC to release the EVO with such a shit battery but they did. I would have been much happer with a slighter thicker phone with a larger battery even.

Sure seems to be working for me as well as other people who have tried it.

Guess we are all just imaging it then. Well... Umm... I'm going to keep on imaging it then because in imagination land, it's working for some of us. :D

Upvote 0
The other tip I provided was Google Talk being automatically set to log you in, ready to chat. I suggest turning off the auto login for the TALK icon.

Hopefully, you've already figured out how wrong your post is. Mine was set for GSM on the shipped ROM. This thread did more than any other tip for helping my battery life. Thanks to whoever originally discovered this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones