Lookie a delay with the hero 2.1 updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sprint: Samsung Moment and HTC Hero Android 2.1 updates now coming 'in Q2' -- Engadget

Hello Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that Sprint continues to work closely with Samsung and HTC to deliver the highly anticipated Android 2.1 upgrade for Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. We are on track for the upgrade to be available in Q2. Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now - we thank our customers for their patience as we work to bring them a positive experience with this upgrade.
    Sprint
    111"

First off does this affect us?. Second, whats up with sprint being nice enough to let users know as verizon is a piece of poop which leaves us in the dark?

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

First.. probably not.

Second... I dunno...

3. smacky

smacky Banned

I don't think we're tied in with what Sprint does.

The answer to the second question is similar, Sprint and VZW are two different carriers and don't necessarily follow the same principles.

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but Verizon is way more informative than Sprint. Sprint only Tweeted about it today, while Verizon provided how-to's and pretty pictures! It sure looks to me like the Eris update (doesn't really say 2.1) will be OTA at 77mb. This beats the pants off Sprint's nothing but less informative Tweet!

Software Update: DROID Eris by HTC<br>Coming Soon!