• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking at a netbook

I'm stuck! There are about 1000 of em out there and I'd like help narrowing it down. Asus sounds like is top dog out there for netbooks? I'm just looking for something to work the internet over and do basic office stuff, word, excel and what not. Not gaming. I do wanna store all my pics and videos somewhere and maybe edit them. I'm mainly stuck cause there's talk of android tablets in near future....kick ass! Lol. Any insight would be helpful

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Cant be that annoying?! We use out 4 inch screens all day long ;-p yeah I understand the small keyboards but I'm not looking for a report writing machine. Just need a direction to take. I'm s huge dell fan. Have never had a problem with them. Desktops all I've had. Hate HP. Sure they've gotten better but I still have a bitter taste in mouth with them. What's the quality of build versus dell and asus? And features that come stock?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I know this is a month old, but wanted to give some input in case others have the same questions.

1st off, I would suggest you get one with an actual hard drive. I got my wife one with a small SSD that was extemely slow. I updated it to a 16gb runcore and Windows 7 and runs nicely now. If had gotten the hard drive model, I could have avoided the upgraded SSD cost and had more storage space.

a 6 cell battery is a good choice too if you can get it included or added on for cheap.

mWave.com often sells the hard drive models for around $200. Woot.com has some good deals at times as well.

Upvote 0
One of the 12" Asus netbooks will fit your needs well. They have full size keyboards but are still extremely small, and you can get them from a low end with great battery life to a high end (1201N) that'll actually game pretty well. I bought a 1201N back in December and absolutely love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones