Looking at trading for an Evo - Need Input Please!

Last Updated:

1. pierceNKC

pierceNKC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I put an ad on Craigslist to trade my recently purchased PS3 (new 120 gb purchased in May for $299.99). I also offered games (call of duty world at war, modern warfare, modern warfare 2, resistance 2, drakes uncharted, and gta4) along with it. Am I selling myself short by trading this for an Evo?

I'm on my aunt's employee plan, and am not eligible to purchase one until January of February. Is it worth it to offer this up for an Evo? I need some opinions! Let me know guys, thanks.

PS for what its worth, I have a rooted Hero running on Fresh 2.3.3 currently.

Advertisement
  2. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Well-Known Member

I think questions to ask yourself are
    1. do you still like the item you are offering for trade?
    2. Is the hero basically doing what you need a smart phone to do?
    3. By Jan or Fe there could be better phone(s) than evo
    etc.

I love my evo, but I came from a touch pro and was due an upgrade. If I was in your shoes, I would not do it unless I had no use for the ps3

3. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

You can buy an EVO for $449 outright from the sprint store if im not mistaken. I would say a few things are important in this decision.

1. Do you really use your ps3?

2. Do you really want the EVO that badly?

Based on what you are including i would say you could sell the system and included items for around $480 ($300+$180) before shipping and seller costs if you sold on Ebay. (Assuming each game will average at $30) Also you could sell your Hero for some extra cash! ($180-ish)

Me personally, I wouldn't maake this trade, but that is because i am 16 and still play video games and don't have a job (yet). Also the Hero is still a great phone in my opinion and i haven't had these dreaded problems some of my fellow Hero users have. (dialer lag exists but i don't find it that bad). Rooted and running Fresh 2.3.3 myself

If you are an adult with a full time job that might change things since you might not have as much time for games or free time period. In this scenario i would make this trade.

Hope I helped!

Also if you do decide to trade be careful lol!

4. pierceNKC

i'm in the graduate program at ku studying for my masters in architecture. technically, i do have time to play every now and then, but i do feel that i could be spending my time doing better things. i'm 29, getting married soon, it almost seems i'm getting to old to be playing playstation (although i do love modern warfare 2 - its ridiculous). i just don't want to be screwing myself or selling myself short by making the trade.

and yes, the hero does what i need...i just like the idea of 4g smokin 3g out of the water.

5. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

i sold my xbox and acc. for my evo! if that makes you feel better haha.

6. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

I would honestly want a little more right now in a couple months it might be a different story

7. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Well-Known Member

DON'T DO IT!

PS3 w/ Extras for an Evo???

I must admit, I am an Evo advocate, I literally JUST resigned a month ago but wanted the evo so bad I opened a new line to get the discount and in the end will actually save $10 opposed to the full BRAND new price, plus I'm paying it over 2 years. Having it now, I see it's an awesome phone but not worth trading something as awesome as a ps3.

8. pierceNKC

ugh...i don't know what to do.

9. teknagen

teknagen Well-Known Member

whats wrong with your htc hero? it does pretty much the same doesn't it? i would understand if you have a motorola razr but from a htc hero.. its not worth to sell all your stuff.

10. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

I have a ps3 myself and I wouldn't sell it for the evo specially if you have the hero.I thighugh I was going to sell my 360 for it but not worth it I say you should wait till next year and you will see the new phones that there going to come out with wich probably going to outdated the evo. If you decide to sell your stuff good luck

11. supaumar

supaumar Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa