1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a 2x1 flip clock widget

Last Updated:

1. obones

obones Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

As I'm reorganizing my main home screen (HTC Desire), I find that the original HTC 4x2 takes up too much space especially because I don't care about the weather part of it.
    I do like the "flip clock" design though.

I have looked around for an alternative and have found the following solutions:

BeautifulWidget small home widget
    This looks nice, especially with the right skin, but it's still a 4x1 widget and the clock itself is not centered even when hiding the weather part of it.
    Is it possible at all to have the clock centered?

Digital World Clock widget
    This one is a 2x1 widget without weather, which means I can center it at the top of the screen. Unfortunately the date display is bogus on a French locale phone, it does not respect the date format (day month year) and the name of the day of the week (Thursday) gets displayed as a number (5)
    I have contacted the author about that, I'll see if he replies.

In the mean time, would you have any other suggestions for this?

Regards
    Olivier

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try Digi Clock Widget.

3. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

I've got the stock HTC flip clock as a 2 x 1 obones. Just go into widgets > clock HTC then scroll sideways through the options and the fifth option is a 2 x 1 flip.

4. CNHC

CNHC New Member

5. obones

obones Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, it looks quite good indeed, but it suffers from the same bug, day names (and month names) are not displayed, I get numbers instead. However, as I'm able to set the date format, it's closer to what I want.

I already found this 2x1 clock but I found it buggy, it stopped refreshing quite often in the past two days. And it does not have the "flip" look, at least on my 2.2 version here.

Thanks, but that one either has the date or the time. I'd prefer having a widget that shows both, pretty much like what Digi Clock Widget does.

I'll write to the authors who have the "days number instead of names" to see how they can solve this.