1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a bigger qwerty/ keyboard

Last Updated:

1. JUBIE

JUBIE Member This Topic's Starter

I need a bigger keyboard / qwerty , i have these big fingers, is there a APP that has bigger letters ?? I was thinking of getting that APP ( better keyboard ) , but I didn't want to pay for it then not like it , is there any free ones that have bigger letters ?? for my Hero phone ?? , Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

you get 24 hours to uninstall an app and get a complete refund.

how do people not know these things yet?

3. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

I'd give Better Keyboard a shot. I've found it easier to use, less typing mistakes. You have 24 hours to try it from the market and still get a refund. But, I'd suggest you Google for the Swype Beta. I bought Better Keyboard, but I'm currently using Swype because it's just better and faster to use. Might also help with your chunky fingers :D

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Whichever you decide to try - give it a little time. All of the keyboards are awkward at first. It is too easy to give up before realizing the benefits. My vote is for Swype.

5. graymulligan

graymulligan Member

swype is great, but each time I install it, the lag monster attacks my droid. When I uninstall it, the monster takes a vacation. I love it, but either it, or something that I have installed with it is really slowing things down.

6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

No lag problem here. I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled my home replacement - now my system is running as good as new (I do miss 7 homescreens though). Swype has so far been well behaved.

7. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I do like swype but I have been trying out shapewriter the last few days and its working pretty good. If I was going back to the single button press way of typing I would like to try a multi touch keyboard but I dont think anyone has made on yet.

8. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

Compact qwerty!!! open up your keyboard, press the button that looks like a flower on the lower left hand side. Chose the compact qwerty. Big buttons. Gets better and better the more I use it and it learns my frequently used words.

9. titan01

titan01 New Member

I like Big Buttons app, its free and I have huge hands. Fingers still hit other buttons, but nothing like the standard key board. I tried messagEase and did not care to learn the new pattern, Its like swyping but using only 9 main buttons.