• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for a bigger qwerty/ keyboard

JUBIE

Lurker
Jan 8, 2010
I need a bigger keyboard / qwerty , i have these big fingers, is there a APP that has bigger letters ?? I was thinking of getting that APP ( better keyboard ) , but I didn't want to pay for it then not like it , is there any free ones that have bigger letters ?? for my Hero phone ?? , Thanks

I'd give Better Keyboard a shot. I've found it easier to use, less typing mistakes. You have 24 hours to try it from the market and still get a refund. But, I'd suggest you Google for the Swype Beta. I bought Better Keyboard, but I'm currently using Swype because it's just better and faster to use. Might also help with your chunky fingers :D

Upvote 0
swype is great, but each time I install it, the lag monster attacks my droid. When I uninstall it, the monster takes a vacation. I love it, but either it, or something that I have installed with it is really slowing things down.

No lag problem here. I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled my home replacement - now my system is running as good as new (I do miss 7 homescreens though). Swype has so far been well behaved.

Upvote 0
I need a bigger keyboard / qwerty , i have these big fingers, is there a APP that has bigger letters ?? I was thinking of getting that APP ( better keyboard ) , but I didn't want to pay for it then not like it , is there any free ones that have bigger letters ?? for my Hero phone ?? , Thanks

I like Big Buttons app, its free and I have huge hands. Fingers still hit other buttons, but nothing like the standard key board. I tried messagEase and did not care to learn the new pattern, Its like swyping but using only 9 main buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones