1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a certain app for lockscreen...please help!

Last Updated:

1. zip2

zip2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. I listen to music on my Droid X a lot but it aggravates me to no end that the screen keeps locking and I have to unlock with my password every time I want to change songs etc... I know I could disable the password each time but that would stink...there has to be a better way.

Does anyone know of an app or widget that would always sit on the lock screen so I can access my music player without unlocking the screen??

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Actually, you need an app that'll *allow* you to put other stuff, like the media player of your choice, on your lockscreen.

Widgetlocker is one such app.

I used it for a while, but I noticed it *really* slowed my phone down...

Good luck
    Dan

3. zip2

Sorry for not wording that quite right but you understood. :)

Thanks for the info Dan. I'm looking at it now. For 2 bucks if it slows the phone down too much I'll just uninstall it. I mean 2 bucks is only 2 orders of the spicy nuggets that make you breathe funny right?? lol

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

FWIW, I've had the same experience using Widget Locker, and it's ONLY when using it. Once I delete and reboot, it's a completely different experience.

5. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks for putting that into perspective for me!

Dan

BTW...I LOVE the functionality widgetlocker gave my lockscreen.

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Well, there are several ROMs out there for the Droid 1 that allow this (Cyanogen even allows you to use the volume rocker to skip songs). Hopefully a developer will get on it for a DX ROM, if they ever come to "true" fruition. One other reason to root!

7. zip2

Now go easy on me peeps...this droid widget stuff is all new to me (first droid) and I'm choking on a spicy chicken nugget right now. :p

So far so good. Took me a few to figure out how to add, delete shortcuts and other widgets to the lockscreen but I finally got it together. Now...

Here's the issue. I added a few app shortcuts (like my Meridian music player) to the lockscreen. Now when I hit the shortcut instead of taking me to the player it takes me to the system password lockscreen...the whole thing I was trying to get around! lol

Am I not understanding something here? **cough cough...damn spicy chicken nuggets**

ps - when I accessed maps in this same way it said "network connection not available"...maybe because I turned off background services to save batter life???

8. Lynseyw

Lynseyw Active Member

The mixzing music player has an option to sit on top of your lock screen. I use it all the time. A better music player in my opinion. I think you might have to buy the upgrade for that to work. It only shows up on top of the lock screen when you are playing music. It's not a widget, but has widget options too.

9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I have the DX also, WidgetLocker does not slow down my phone at all, I love it! It caused a little lag on my Droid, but has been flawless on my X.