• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a financial app for both Android & iphone w/certain functions. Can you help, please?

tucksgurl

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
Background information:

For years, I've managed our money with Microsoft Money on my desktop. I used the checkbook register, the bill calendar/reminder, budget function, and the ability to download transactions from my bank's website. That's it.

A few months ago, I got an iphone 4S, and my husband got a Samsung rugby pro. Prior to that, no smartphones in our home.

So, I've been combing the web looking for an app that will perform the list of functions I've mentioned above, is offered in both Android and iphone versions, will sync between phones, and that will either sync to a desktop program/website or will allow me to download my information in QIF format.

Many of the apps I reviewed offered a dizzying amount of features, but not the combination I needed, unless I overlooked something. The closest I found was EEBA, but it involves a subscription rather than just an app purchase.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any information would be much appreciated.

Clearcheckbook looks like it would provide what I need, but the reviews aren't terribly promising. (Lots of freezing up, etc.) Perhaps something like it, though?

I've been using it for years now with zero issues. Never freezes, never hangs, always updates with no problems. It's a great app and website, no complaints at all.

Upvote 0
I've been using it for years now with zero issues. Never freezes, never hangs, always updates with no problems. It's a great app and website, no complaints at all.

Overall, it appeared that people loved the website, but experienced various problems with the app on their phones. It's reassuring to hear from someone who likes it.

Also, in response to a previous post, Mint is a bit more than what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones