• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a good, cheap phone with a large screen

neostyles

Nov 28, 2012
My Nexus 4 has been an interesting adventure. The specs made for some pretty amazing gaming, but I mostly use my phone for music and videos so having a large display is more important than high end specs. Plus, the lack of an sd card slot is kind of a game killer since ive been downloading quite a bit of media. Ide preferably like to keep it under $300. Any suggestions would be awesome. :)

A friend of mine recently got the Oppo Find7. That is by far the biggest display Ive ever seen on a smartphone (would be too big for me personally). It also comes with top hardware and some nice software features, such as recording in slowmotion.

I got the Find 7a, and there's a current AF thread about it here.
http://androidforums.com/oppo-find-7/861679-oppo-find-7-you.html
Basically what I found, while the hardware is beautiful and certainly top-spec, the stock Oppo software can be rather buggy, gaming was one of the issues, in particular some EA and Gameloft games not working, and this phone is much better served with a custom ROM, I use CyanogenMod. I believe the price is around $400 in USD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones