• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a good FTP Music steamer

Demonasius

Lurker
Dec 10, 2014
Hello all, I've been battling this for awhile now and just wondering if anyone has any input. I've been looking for a FTP Music Streaming app for my HTC phone for awhile as I have an FTP server setup on my NAS and DDNS pointing to it. I found one for my table with Kodi (Formally XBMC) but it's awful to use on a phone. I've tried a bunch of existing apps that provide FTP streaming with mixed results. Neutron was probably the closest one but the library scanning is extremely slow and omits various directories for some reason.

I'm just looking for a FTP Music streamer that can stream from a NAS FTP and what would make it great is for it to read metadata, including Album Art. I would very much appreciate any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones