• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a lock screen replacment

LindseyS

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
I have been searching for a particular app that I can't seem to find. I don't know if doesn't exist, can't exist or if I have been looking in the wrong places.

I was hoping someone here could help me. what I would want is when I press the power button and the lock screen comes up, to have ability to add widgets(maybe widget isn't the best word. I would like to be able to see the temperature, maybe how many texts/emails I have that are new or some other info like that.

I have the droid incredible and it does have this somewhat implement, it tells me if I missed a call or even gives me a shortened version of the last text message I received.

I don't know if this is possible, I do have my phone rooted if that opens up any possibilities. I guess i just don't know what search terms to use.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks guys, It looks like what I am looking for, since it is a paid app I will have to wait till tonight when I have 15 minutes to play around with it.

Well worth the two bucks.

This is my lock screen:

locker.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones