1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

looking for a new rom

1. TwistedMcVay

TwistedMcVay New Member

i was interested in getting a windows phone 7 rom but didnt know where to find one for my galaxy nexus on sprint. any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

There are no Windows 7 ROMs, or at least no legal ones. Microsoft owns Windows and does not release the source code or allow the use of Windows without a valid license. If someone tried to create and release a Windows ROM, I'm guessing they would be quickly sued by Microsoft.
  3. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to look for win phone-type themes for launchers or cyanogen based roms.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

I would recommend in the future to ask questions about Roms that you ask them in the All Things Root section for your specific device.

With that said i never ran across any WinMo style roms when i was romming my G Nex and i haven't heard of any lately.
    frenchy714 and MizzouBrent like this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

frenchy714 likes this.
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Moved you over to the Sprint section.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  7. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

BTW sourcery is the ROM of choice for most of us on this forum.
  8. NSutherl

NSutherl Well-Known Member

I've used Launcher 7 on my old Dinc and it's pretty cool. If you want to the W7 phone feel, this is definitely your best bet. Otherwise, there are a few of stable and fast Android 4.2.1 ROMs out there with everything from super customization (Sourcery) to almost completely stock (mmuzzy's stock 4.2.1 build).
  9. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

I like mmuzzy 4.2.1 but I prefer close to stock .