1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Notification Changer App

Last Updated:

1. peejaygee

peejaygee Member This Topic's Starter

Dear All,

I have recenltly got a HTC (I have a HTC Magic running 2.2 on Cyanogenmod-6.0.0.DS.) and I was wondering if anybody know's of an App that will allow me to change the notifications of applications individually, with working shift work, I have bought and installed an app that allows me to do black and white lists for the calls, but I need the facility to switch the phone into silent mode for the SMS/MMS but still notify for Emails through Gmail, would be good to either have a widget to similar to just open, switch, close.

I know I've got the option to go into the system app and change and Gmail and change, but then having to change back, etc..

I could just run the call manager, switch profile, run the notification manager, switch profile...

There are notification changers out there, but they arn't as customisable as I would like..

Any ideas?

Regards
    Paul.

{Edit}
    I've just stumbled across Tasker and I was wondering if that would be suitable for my needs before I pay the money to buy it?

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

you want no sound for texts, and beeps for emails, right? or something else... ? sorry I'm a bit confused.

that said, tasker will do anything

3. peejaygee

Yeah, I have Handcent SMS and GMail App, I would like All sounds for notifications for SMS's MMS's etc, not to notifiy, but GMail App to still notifiy by sound of a Email arrival.

4. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

should be able to change the notification stype per app. I can, and I'm not using anything special.

5. peejaygee

Yeah, I appreciate that, I can do that myself, but I would like a app or a widget or similar that i can have on one of the screens, just to touch to toggle the settings... Lazy I know, but you could also call it convienience.

6. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

7. peejaygee

I have Tasker, but for the life of me I am unable to get it to make a profile that will turn the SMS/MSM notification off but leave the GMail Application notification stay on, it seems very generic for the notifications.

You used Tasker and achieved it?

8. peejaygee

Don't worry, I think I might just have it licked with Tasker..... Thanks for your advice.