Looking for a phone Similar to Sprint HTC Hero, but on ATT or T-Mobile

Last Updated:

1. SupraEA

SupraEA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I own a rom'd Sprint Hero and love it. I am looking to buy my girl a similar type phone but on AT&T or T-Mobile. I want a phone similar to a Hero since they will probably be around $100 or so used. I was looking at the G1, but want to know what else is out there. The reason I want it on those carriers is cause I want it pre paid, since she really doesn't use the "phone" to much. You can still use wifi to browse and use the app market right?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

AT&T and T-Mobile USA are GSM right?

The closest thing you're going to get a Sprint hero on those networks is a GSM Hero. Despite the name, it's an entirely different phone (so don't try to flash a Sprint Hero ROM on it :p), but they are the same spec I believe.

SupraEA likes this.
  3. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Ante up a bit and get her an Aria. Then she'll at least be able to get 2.2 OTA.

4. SupraEA

SupraEA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looks pretty cool, like a mini EVO. I think I'm gonna go with a 2nd generation Mytouch 3g. I saw some good youtube videos with good ROMs on it. Plus, saw some really good ones on Craigslist between $80-$100. Going to try to run it with out a Data package, Wifi is at home and school, and a bunch of other places. Free text with google voice. And anything else shouldnt be to much. Thanks again.