• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a really good android story based game?

lizzygx3

Lurker
Nov 13, 2015
Does anyone know of any interesting story based games in the play store? I've been searching for hours.

I've always played casual games that have to do with beating my latest high score or building a town and I'm kind of sick of those, I want to play an offline game with simple controls and an interesting story line. For some reason I'm being super picky! Haha Any recommendations? I'd greatly appreciate them, I also don't mind paying for the app so feel free to name any game!

Thank you in advance! :)

Here is a quote from me on another thread.

If you don't mind playing RPGs then I can list a few for you:

Doom & Destiny
Inotia 3
Inotia 4
Zenonia 1-4(haven't tried 5 yet)
Final Fantasy III and VI(the best of all the FF available on Android)
Dungeon Quests series
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Gailardia 1,2 and 3
Infection
Mage Gauntlet
Pylon
Seed 2
Undefeated
Queen's 2
Iesabel

Any Kemco games but I am to list the best on their portfolio then its:
Eclipse of Illusion
Alphadia Genesis
Asdivine Dios
Grinsia

All of these except Pylon are 2D games so if you can't appreciate J/K RPG type of games then you will seriously miss a lot of good games on Android.

Another note is that all of this games that I listed are Offline games.

Since you don't mind paying I'll also recommend Bard's Tale, Ravensword and Aralon.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Doom & Destiny is a personal favorite, it has a light, witty and funny story and the dialogue is just plain hilarious. Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are also highly recommended since lets admit it Chrono Trigger is the best game of the SNES and Secret of Mana is not far behind and their Android port is one of the better ported games for Android. Those three is what I recommend that you pick up first then probably Undefeated, FF series and Dragon Quest later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones