• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for a ROM what does "needs version 2 radio" mean?

M

Member113588

I believe the title pretty much says it all. I keep seeing stuff like "Needs version 2.xx radio" or "Radio version 2.xx required" What exactly does this mean? Is it something with my hardware or some software I need to install?

Thanks in advance!

I believe the title pretty much says it all. I keep seeing stuff like "Needs version 2.xx radio" or "Radio version 2.xx required" What exactly does this mean? Is it something with my hardware or some software I need to install?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Are you rooted? Can you go into: menu> settings> about phone> software information> what is your baseband version? That is your radio. Different radios, official and leaks, can be flashed to your phone with care. You should be on 2.15.00.07.28

Typically what it means when it says "Needs version 2.xx radio" or "Radio version 2.xx required" is that this baseband version is required to work with the ROM. Before Froyo the baseband was "1.xx"

If you got froyo OTA then you have a 2.xx radio the official one that I listed above^ :) hope this helps

Reactions: jprow507
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones