• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a simple notification widget

thalandor46

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Hello all! I'm having trouble searching for a certain variety of widget, as 'notification widget' is apparently too vague of a search term. I would like a widget that syncs with my notification bar and lists the notification in a traditional widget way. The idea is that when I get a notification, I can quickly glance on the widget I've put on Widget Locker and see more details than just "I got a text" or "I got an email". The one I managed to find and try was called List Notifier, and it wasn't quite what I was looking for. In fact, let's do it this way...

What I Want:
-A widget that displays a scrollable list of current notifications with an icon, title, and description.
-Something that will update as the notification bar updates (so if I clear an item on the notification bar, it will clear on the widget as well).
-Preferably free.

What I Don't Want:
-A collection of notification history that I have to remove manually from the widget.
-Items from the Ongoing section of the notification bar.
-Something that I have to specify which apps I want to display notifications from.

On paper, this strikes me as something that would be easy to make, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's out there already. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hello all! I'm having trouble searching for a certain variety of widget, as 'notification widget' is apparently too vague of a search term. I would like a widget that syncs with my notification bar and lists the notification in a traditional widget way. The idea is that when I get a notification, I can quickly glance on the widget I've put on Widget Locker and see more details than just "I got a text" or "I got an email". The one I managed to find and try was called List Notifier, and it wasn't quite what I was looking for. In fact, let's do it this way...

What I Want:
-A widget that displays a scrollable list of current notifications with an icon, title, and description.
-Something that will update as the notification bar updates (so if I clear an item on the notification bar, it will clear on the widget as well).
-Preferably free.

What I Don't Want:
-A collection of notification history that I have to remove manually from the widget.
-Items from the Ongoing section of the notification bar.
-Something that I have to specify which apps I want to display notifications from.

On paper, this strikes me as something that would be easy to make, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's out there already. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I have this exact same need, I just got a galaxy tab 7" 2 with ICS and I use this for communications with my company, I use several IM services like skype, yahoo messenger whatsapp etc, but unfortunately the message notification icon is only shown when the tab is on landscape mode, in portrait the status bar is to short so some icons get hidden, hence I sometimes forget to answer important IMs so if I had a widget that could mirror what I have in the notification bar it would be a life saver.

So please let me know if something like this is out there

I know this Thread is old but this is an issue with the latest OS and I just spend hours browsing the play store but could not find anything remotely similar, thanks for the help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones