• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a Widget to ..umm.. kind of hard to explain

polstein

Dec 23, 2010
I have 3 kids (5,3,3 years old). They are obsessed with (and taught) to take turns with who is in front & middle & back of the line when we go places.

I'm going to keep track now, and made a little table to take turns:

5, 3a, 3b
3a, 3b, 5
3b, 5, 3a
5, 3b, 3a
3b, 3a, 5
3a, 5, 3b

..and keep rotating. So, I'm looking for a widget I can put that info in & a checkbox or radial or something to show where the heck I am on the list & easily move it to the next line as needed.

Any simple widget to handle this? Best thought is a note app, but would have to delete an "x" or something and type it in elsewhere. Hoping for kind of a 1-click widget.

No idea what the heck to search for!

Thanks for ideas!!

I'd search for a To Do app with widget.

Every arrangement of the children's names would be a To Do line.
Then I'd cross out (or check box) the lines every time.
Or, I'd shove the used arrangement line (= first line) at the last position of the To Do list every time.

I've Noodles for a To Do app, but it hasn't a widget, sorry.
But you might try the app for checking the idea ;)

Harry

Upvote 0
Here is an outside-the-box idea:

Use 'Our Groceries' App. You can enter each combination in a 'shopping list' and as you check each one off, it is 'deleted', so you always know what is left. Once all are done, you can click on the 'deleted' items and they are put back into the list so you can do it again!

There is no widget for this app, but it could still work.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I'd search for a To Do app with widget.

Every arrangement of the children's names would be a To Do line.
Then I'd cross out (or check box) the lines every time.
Or, I'd shove the used arrangement line (= first line) at the last position of the To Do list every time.

I've Noodles for a To Do app, but it hasn't a widget, sorry.
But you might try the app for checking the idea ;)

Harry

Thanks for the thought. I use Due Today & was going to write to him to see if the dev had a way to do this I was missing. He does allow multiple widgets (with different filters) so I might be able to make a to-do list and check (crossing off) the current one - not sure if he does check boxes in there. (play time!)

Here is an outside-the-box idea:

Use 'Our Groceries' App. You can enter each combination in a 'shopping list' and as you check each one off, it is 'deleted', so you always know what is left. Once all are done, you can click on the 'deleted' items and they are put back into the list so you can do it again!

There is no widget for this app, but it could still work.

Good luck!

Not sure I can live without the widget in this case (thinking). I suppose as long as I can make a quick shortcut to it. Hmm. Either way, you're right, the lines can go away when they are checked off - I'd just have to re-set the list every 6 days. Might work with Due Today as well using this thought.

Thanks to both!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones