Looking for an Android to suit me

Last Updated:

1. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 29, 2010
    This is my first real post in this forum, and it feels kind of odd, as I've been a Symbian die-hard for the last two and a half years.

Anyway my question is, could someone advise me with searching for an Android phone.

Firstly the phone has to be around €380 on pre-pay
    Secondly it must have a real prospect of being upgraded to Gingerbread
    Thirdly, I don't care much if it has 4g, 3g or 2.5g
    And lastly a screen size of 3'' (7.5cm) or wider is preferable

Thanks! ;)

Edit: Are my demands too big?
    * * * Also I plan to buy after X-Mas

2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Well the HTC Desire meets the rumored Gingerbread specs (key word is rumored) and currently for 414 pounds on Amazon UK. Good chance that price goes down after xmas with all the phones rumored to be coming out. Could be worth keeping an eye on. If the price of the Galaxy S goes down, that might be one worth watching as well.

Don't think you would get a Nexus at that price but that would probably be the first to get Gingerbread (speculation here as Gingerbread has yet to be officially announced).

Since Gingerbread is rumored for Q4, if you are lucky, there might be an entry level phone available after xmas.

Few phones that meet the specs but I highly doubt it would be getting Gingerbread anytime soon:
    -Acer Stream (currently on 2.1. Acer promised 2.1 for my Liquid in March, we didn't get it til July)
    -SonyEricsson Xperia X10 (currently on 1.6, 2.1 promised for Q4)
    -Dell Streak (currently on 1.6, getting 2.1 soon)
    ElasticNinja likes this.