• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for an App that Syncs B-Day's in Phonebook to Calender

TheBRADLeyB

Apr 18, 2010
I just got my Droid Three Days ago and I love it syncing everything together in my contacts list (FBook and Google Contacts all Syncing)

However the one thing it doesn't do so far that I'd really like to make it do is take my Birthdays from my Contacts List and Automatically place them on my Calender. (Even with the computer it's a lot of work to put it on my G-mail calender)

Are there any Apps that could assist in this?

There's a way to do this in Gmail -- I know because I did it once upon a time.

To the best of my recollection, you have to add a calendar to your Gmail account, and I think "Contact birthdays" is one. It pulls all the birthday information from your contacts and puts it on a separate calendar. Then you have Gmail just show both calendars at once.

Again, I know I did this and it was fairly easy, and it works great. I just can't remember the details... maybe because it was so quick and easy.

Upvote 0
Yup, that's the (only) way. Unfortunately, the calendar entry does not show age, and does not allow you to open the contact entry from the calendar entry.

Android does not even sync birthdays&anniversaries :)eek::mad:!) so forget about doing it on the phone.

Being new to android the contact functionality is easily the worst aspect of making the switch. Its the only place I really lost coming from winmo and its a sore spot beings as contacting people is primarily my usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones