Looking for an app that turns off texting while I'm driving

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BY724, Jun 14, 2010.

1. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Looked around and saw some real expensive alternatives, but not really what I'm looking for anyway.

I just want something where I can drive using the phone's GPS, and not have it interrupted by any texts during the trip. Then, after I'm done driving, have the texts arrive on the phone.

I did a few searches and couldn't really find what I was looking for, so I'd appreciate any help.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    You could just turn off the text notifications.

BY724 likes this.
  3. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I read an article I think on NYTimes about driving & cell phone distractions and there was at least one company that had a paid app on Android Market that does this (forgot exact name). I personally think having the GPS on constantly in order to automatically turn off txt msges while driving is a waste of battery drain. Also there are some complications when riding public transportation or as passenger in a car where you'd want to use the cellphone.

4. tmacoubrie

tmacoubrie Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Here's a list of a lot of apps that deal with this issue, hope it helps :)

texting driving

BY724 likes this.
  5. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009

Thanks...didn't find anything on there that I liked except for the one that silenced notifications...but it looks like I could do that on my own anyway for free, and that app was $1.99.