• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for an app to Repeat Notifications

camlinhall

Lurker
Mar 20, 2015
I know this isn't the right thread...but I can't find one to address my problem. I'm missing important calls and messages on my Galaxy S5. Crazy. I need some kind of app to customize my notifications so that this doesn't happen again! I think what would save the day is a way to get the phone to repeat the notification tone at a given interval, say 5 minutes, until I become aware of it and cancel. Sounds like a simple application to me, but I can't find one to do this. Going nuts!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
on my s4 running 4.4.4 the sms has an option to repeat the sms notification sound at a user-specified interval until I read the sms. I think this option is available on most phones.

I get my voicemail through Google voice, which I have set up to send me voicemail transcript in an sms. of course that sms repeats as above.

that takes care of the two most important types of notifications (phone and sms). unless the phone caller didn't leave a voicemail...in which case it probably wasn't important.

for other lesser notifications (email etc), I don't want/need repeating notifications.

above is just for your info/consideration. (my approach may or may not suit others' preferences.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was going to suggest the same as electricpete. I use Textra & it has an option where you can choose the number of times to repeat the notification (options are Never, once, twice, 3 times, 5 times, 10 times, 50 times). It will continue to notify you every 2 minutes for whichever option you picked, until you dismiss the notification.

I know Handcent also had a repeat notification option so I bet a lot of texting apps have this.

Edited with specifics after testing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones