• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Looking for an Extended Life Battery & Charger for the Samsung Epic 4G

copperman

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I have a Samsung Epic 4G phone. I have enjoyed it so far, but I have found that its use revolves around finding a place to charge it. I have a docking station at home, one at work, and a car charger. I use all 3 and I still find myself losing all battery power at some point during the day. I have come up to speed on all the app killers/etc, read the various posts about conserving battery power, and so on. My old blackberry could go for 3 days without charging (I know I am talking apples and oranges here).

I simply want to no longer worry about trying to keep this phone charged. I want to plug it in each night and then have it work the entire day without a recharge.

To the point. I am considering 3 options:

1)3500 mAh battery from gorillagadgets.com
2)3000 mAh battery from siedioonline.com
3)3500 mAh battery from wirelessground.com

Somehow I find myself most impressed with the one from wirelessground.com (Japanese vs. Chinese batteries, 3500 mAh capacity, and so forth).

Does anyone have any thoughts on which is best?

I also read somewhere (can’t find exactly where at the moment) that the 3000 mAh battery/case from siedioonline.com will still allow the phone to utilize the Samsung Epic Multimedia Desktop Charger (phone ends up being just a little angled when in dock). Does anyone know this to be the case? I have 3 of these desktop chargers (2 at home, 1 at work) and I hate the thought of having to trash these and buy something new.

Also, does anyone know of a desktop charger specifically designed for a Samsung Epic with an extended battery? I really liked the “USB Dual Charger Battery Desktop Cradle for the Sprint HTC EVO” that is sold on the gorillagadgets.com site (in particular the integrated spare battery charger), but I can only gather it will not work with my phone.

Thank much for any and all help!!

Welcome to AF! I've moved your thread to the Accessory section of the Epic forum.

Might I suggest looking through the battery saving tips in the Epic 4G - Tips/Tricks subforum first and seeing if there is something acting up with your phone?

In regards to the batteries and dock, I too have read that the Seidio extended battery/door will work on the dock (while angled out a bit). I'll provide the link if you want it. ;)

Personally, I have the 3000mAH Extended Life Battery from Seidio and am VERY pleased with it.

I do not know of any docks made specifically for the Extended Batteries.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your message.

I read a very impressive post today on the forum from "tn_outside" (posted 12-28-10) regarding battery life enhancement tips. The "Airplane mode BUG" was most insightful. I have implemented all of these suggestions. I am hoping these alone yield some good battery life savings.

Yes, it would be great if you could send me the link regarding the Seidio extended battery/door and its interface with the Samsung docking station/charger. I read it in my web travels...but can no longer find it.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones