• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Android Recommendation on Page Plus/Verizon

kf4qhk

Jul 14, 2010
Hey guys,

Currently, I have 2 phones (1 Verizon and 1 Sprint,) both on really old, grandfathered employee plans. For various reasons, I am thinking of going to 1 Page Plus phone, and porting one number directly to Page Plus and the other one to Google Voice, so that I can still have both ring to one phone.

Here are some questions. Thanks for any answers you can give.

I have 9 email addresses, with 4 or 5 being Gmail addresses. How hard is it for me to use an app like K9 mail or something else and get them all to come to my phone? Will this app keep all of the emails from various accounts separate?

I am going to get the 2GB plan. My main use for the data (when I am away from WI-FI) will be email, Facebook, and using the Running Apps/Pandora for when I am running. I don't have to have good quality music at all. How much is 2GB when considering all of this usage, anyway?

What is a good phone with a solid battery life for what I will be doing?

Thanks!

Jeremy

You can get an HTC Thunderbolt for cheap as hell used and do all that.

We have 4 Android phones on Page Plus in my family. I'm currently selling a Bionic because my research indicated that not only will the 4G not work on Page Plus, 4G phones (or at least the Bionic) won't work on Page Plus without some hacking (I think with CDMA Workshop - something I've used before to get a Sprint phone working on Page Plus, but don't want to bother with for this).

The 4 phones I referred to are an LG Ally (not recommended), OG Droid (a great phone, but I wouldn't buy one now), a Droid X and a Droid X2. All of the phones have data disabled, and use Wifi only, so battery life on them would be better than if used with mobile data. I think both the X and X2 get good battery life, but I'm not the one using them, so take my claim with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones