• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Android version of ABC Around

JLeslie

May 6, 2010
There is an app for the iPhone called ABC Around. While I don't know all that it can do, what I do know is that it can take your contacts that have an address and display them in a map with you in the center.

This could be very useful for various reasons and so I'm wondering if there is an Android app that will do that. Just scan your contacts and for the ones with addresses, display them in Google Maps.

JL

On my DHD you tap the address of a contact and the location pops up on Google maps. That's the default installation and behaviour on mine anyway.

Dave
While that's good for mapping contacts one at a time, I'm looking for the app to scan my entire contacts list based on user-specified criteria, and display them all on the map at the same time.

The user-specified criteria could be zipcode or first 3 digits of the phone number or contacts that are members of a group in the contacts list OR only display ones within a radius specified by the user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones