1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

looking for app for diabetics (carb counter)

1. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

i'm diabetic and looking for an app that will look up the carb count in the foods i eat. would also be nice to add my own foods. help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

sandpipershore likes this.
  3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Calorie Counter by FatSecret has both an Android app and a website that sync, and it does count carbs. And, Calorie Counter has a barcode scanner too for food packages along with their extensive database, not to mention you can input your own recipes which will provide calories and carbs by portions of the recipe you intake. And, you can select from recent meals for faster input.
  4. mom2boxers

mom2boxers New Member

I agree. I love the fat secret app. The fact it will sync with the site on my computer plus has a bar code scanner is cool.
  5. jimbo78255

jimbo78255 Active Member

I agree with Calorie Counter by FatSecret.com as a wonderful help to my diabetes. I have used it to lose 57 pounds over 8 months. I hit my goal last week and still use Calorie Counter and FatSecret to maintain. I use CC whenever I am on the move and I use FS from home and office.

I also use 'hbA1Cbg' to measure my A1C, which went down from 8 to under 6 over that 8 months.

Kick Diabetes' Butt! I still need insulin (down from 42 units at night to sometimes 10). Avandia - GONE! Glyburide down by 50%. I walk 2 to 3 miles every every every day. Again, Kick Diabetes' Butt!
  6. jaunch

jaunch New Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread-- just found this post on google and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

My mom has type 1 diabetes and needed a VERY simple android app just to keep track of her carbs. I like the fatsecret one, too, but it was too complex for her. I'm a programmer, so I made one for her that I felt like was super-simple enough for her. ;)

It's a free app (ad supported). It's called "Bare Bones Diet Counter" and you can find it by searching on the android market. Keeps daily totals for carbs, calories, etc, as well as weight.

link: https://market.android.com/details?id=peacocksoftware.barebones

If anyone wants to try it out, please feel free!
    (Sorry-- honestly not trying to spam this forum!)

Thanks
    Richard
    sandpipershore likes this.