Looking for app to make photos private

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

hi im looking for an app to make certain photos private if it did videos as well that would be a plus..i tried photovault but what i dont like about this app is once you make a photo private you cant attach it anywhere in an email or what not

so is there anything else out there that does this?

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

3. iamloco724

not just for those kind of things but that as well
  4. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

hey my heh heh heh post got deleted. weird.
  5. ppeoud

ppeoud Member

put the files(vids and pics) in a folder, add a txt and rename it to ".nomedia" and that folder will be hidden from the gallery, actually anything with "." infront of it will hide the entire folder.
  6. iamloco724

would these still be attachable?
  7. iamloco724

this helps hide the pics but cant attach them..i need to be able to hide plus attach
  8. Kazakaz

Kazakaz Well-Known Member

PhotoVault. You have to go in and un-hide the pictures to attach them, but it password protects them.
  9. iamloco724

if you read my post i wrote that i already tried photovault and yes it hides them but still cant attach
  10. iamloco724

i am still looking for an app like this anyone with new info on this..photovault is good to hide but i need to be able to attach them when there hidden
  11. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

looks to me like he read yours, you just didnt read his. Go in and un-hide the picture in order to attach. Then "rehide" it. Or just dont take pictures that you would have to hide from a particular person in the first place, thats way easier for me. Your call
  12. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

Actually, if you place it in a hidden folder like suggested and then use Astro, you can go to the folder and long press any pic/vid you have there and then choose send.
  13. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

I simply send them to a email account for storage and retrieve to send. No real reason to keep them on the phone. If you can't retrieve you can't send anyways.
    Just start a email account for storage purposes, safer than keeping them on your phone.
  14. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

This is what I do. Give the main folder a very generic name and make a subfolder with another generic name then store the pictures in that one. No one would ever stumble upon them and as long as the folder name starts with a period it will be hidden from the gallery.

Just remember that Astro will always stay on the last folder you had open so you need to hit the Astro Home button before leaving the app...
  15. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you could just stop sexting then you wouldnt have to worry about it
    ck4794 likes this.
  16. urboyissues

urboyissues Active Member

he could.. or tell the person going thru his phone all the time to "stop it.. I am not cheating on you love"...
  17. c0nn13

c0nn13 Member

Nope. Best thing ever is Hide It Pro. It hides pics, Texts, & call logs. The app is even hidden beneath another app. Password protected. If someone finds it, theres another password that enters another app that doesnt actually work. I love this app.