1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Auto WiFi App!

Last Updated:

1. ZenDK

ZenDK New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all :)

I am having a friend from another country, so i'm using a Websms app with fishtext connector.
    I would like to know if there exists any app that automaticaly turns internet connection (wifi or mobile connection) on whenever a certain app is active and then turns off when screen is off?
    Or simply an app that turns wifi/mobile network on/off when the screen is on/off ?

on my oold phone it turned on internet connection itself when sending data, then turns off when done! so simple and smart...

Advertisement
  2. ZenDK

ZenDK New Member This Topic's Starter

bump, none knows?

3. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Try Wifi Analyzer, its great, notifies you when wifi is available and connects automatically if you want it to. Remembers past saved Wifi spots with passwords so you dont have to type them in again.

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Tasker can enable Wifi and/or mobile data when a particular app is started, and turn it off when the screen turns off. You can download a 14-day off-Market trial here:

Tasker for Android

or you can download it in the Market with the built-in 24-hour return window.

If I'm not mistaken, Android does this without Wifi Analyzer. I think Wifi Analyzer is a great app, but not needed for this purpose.