Looking for "Blocking"General

Last Updated:

1. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

So... one of the things I was looking forward to was the Blocking feature on the note 2. I asked the question on a thread some time ago, and that's when I was informed about it. Well, evidently Verizon chose not to have such a feature... :mad:

So I ask you... is there an application that will do something similar to what my iPhone 5 would do?

1. Turn my email notifications off at a certain time of day.
    2. Turn my messages (text messages) off at a certain time of day.
    3. Turn phone calls off at a certain time...*** if a phone number called in three times, it would allow it to ring through, also it would let all "Favorite" callers through.

This was a great feature for sleeping. I could simply put my phone on the charging cord and go to bed without being woke by emails, text messages and phone calls that I didn't want... but, it would allow my family to call me in an emergency.

I would really like this feature back... Anybody have some ideas? :confused:

2. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I have the Blocking feature on my TMo version, but for apps not readily available in the past (e.g. Car Dock), I've used a shortcut creating app, such as "AnyCut" or "Launcher Pro". It should be under the "Settings" activities.
  4. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

5. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

On the AT&T Note 2 , Blocking is enabled / disabled in this manner:

Settings, Device, Blocking mode (On or Off)
  6. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

I did this and it worked except for one part. When you build your allowed contact list, and select the custom option, select the contacts and click "done", it stops working and quits. The only way I was able to build a list was using the favorites option and delete the contacts I didn't want on my allowed list.
  7. Zatx

Zatx Well-Known Member

Timeriffic is a great app I use to stop ringer/notificatuon sounds at night. Works great once you get it set up.
  8. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

thanks, I'll check the link out to enable and I'll also check for the Application.

I'll report back.
  9. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

alright, got the BLOCKING to work through the Shortcut creater method. I asuming it's working. I'll check it out tonight. But, this only works throught for the phone/ring-in. I need it to work with the email and text... Anybody have anything???
  10. dafuse

dafuse Active Member

I use the Bedside app. It quiets the phone from notifications and calls, supports a whitelist of people to allow calls (and SMS) from, and also gives me my night clock. I liked the premise of blocking mode from the GN2, but it allows some notifications to happen anyway (specifically, whatsapp for me). I can't stop them, even with blocking mode on.