Looking for Calendar App

Last Updated:

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK Kids, here's what I'm looking for:

A Calendar App for the Hero that (a) has holidays already plugged in (so I can look ahead and find out what day Christmas falls on, etc), and (b) let's me schedule things (vacations, trips, appointments and meetings) then reminds me of those things via something like a pop-up or text message the day before. Does anything like this exist?

Every App I look at has to be "synched" with something else, or just seems to have way more than what I need. Ideas? Bueller? Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

The stock Google calendar will do all of these things. There is a US Holidays calendar, it will allow scheduling with alerts. You can use it either from your Hero or your PC or both.

You don't have to synch it with anything if you don't want; you can use it standalone from your phone if you want.

jd

3. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Well-Known Member

+1
    google calendar will do everything you have asked for and more.

4. MiamiSpartan

MiamiSpartan Member

My issue with the stock calendar is with the snooze/reminder features. I'd like to be able to choose the length of snooze at the time that the reminder goes off (i.e., remind me again in 1 hour, 1 day, whatever). I use an app called Calendar Snooze, which kind of does that job. But my problem with that app is that if I dismiss the reminder, the calendar alarm doesn't go off when the actual event starts. I liked how it would do that on my old Windows Mobile phone. For birthdays, I would get the reminder X number of days in advance so I knew to get a card/present whatever, then I'd get notified on the actual day, which served as a good reminder to make a happy birthday call.

5. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The two apps to keep an eye on are: Calendar Pad Pro and Gemini Calendar. They have the strongest upside so far.

6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jeez...don't I feel like a TOTAL moron! I've had Google Calendar on my phone since day one, but never played much with it. Thanks for all the rapid responses...mucho appreciado!

7. peck1524

peck1524 Well-Known Member

I checked my settings on the stock calendar and can't figure out how to get it to display holiday's. Any ideas??

8. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the whole browser part of this is necessary or if you can just add it from the phone calendar. That said, here's how I did it - In a browser, log into Gmail and go to calendar at the top. From there look at "Other Calendars" on the left and click "Add" > "Browse Interesting Calendars" and find and add US Holidays. Now, back on your phone, open the calendar and Menu > More > Calendars > Menu > Add Calendars > US Holidays.

peck1524 likes this.