1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

looking for car kit (charger + fm transmitter)Tips

Last Updated:

1. JonIndie

JonIndie Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. mb68ss

mb68ss New Member

Junk Junk Junk, I just got this for Christmas and I hate it. Poor call quality, lots of interference, and the mounting neck does not hold the unit upright.
  3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

FM transmitters don't work well in the best of circumstances and are abysmal if you live in or travel in and out of urban areas. I like this statement from the Amazon page "Sound quality is SUPERIOR to most any FM Transmitter on the market". This is like saying I have maybe the best smelling crap around. I've also had experience with the flexible neck mounts over the years and every one has flexed (toward the floor) due to bumps and bounces of normal driving. The device will vibrate around during use and you'll be constantly adjusting it. The best advice is to find a inexpensive mount (Arkon or equivalent) either vent, windshield or cup holder and pair that with a bluetooth headset or handsfree if you must have amplified sound. For power, all you need is a cheap lighter (power port) usb adapter and the micro usb cable you probably already have. KISS princaples apply here. If you want something slicker and more permanent (and more expensive!), Proclip is a good way to go. Maybe there are better alternatives out there that I'm unaware of, but I've tried and wasted my money on quite a few of these mount solutions over the years. It's all KISS for me now.
    Billkwando likes this.
  4. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Agreed. I use a simple universal windshield/slash vent mount that I got a year ago for the samsung moment from ebay that came with a car charger. The suction sucked but the vent attachments work well. Vibration is minimal and I pair it with bluetooth. On the moment it touches the search button. On the intercept I don't know since my wife doesn't complain.
  5. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

My boyfriend tried like 5 different transmitters for his iphone and they all sucked. We even live in a smaller area where there are less radio stations and it still sucked.

Those "gooseneck" ones are horrible. He bought a new one last week that we took on our roadtrip...every time he turned, the stupid thing would fall and smack me in the knee haha.

I don't have to deal with those 'cause I have a aux jack in my car :X
  6. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member

Have I told you lately that I love you? :p
  7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

This forum may be getting a bit too personal!

:D
  8. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

iTrip for my old iPod was the only FM transmitter that ever worked for me. I've tryed many since, even iTrip for any MP3 player, and they all blow. BTor AUX jack is the way to go...
  9. XoSummerBabyXo

XoSummerBabyXo Active Member

Well there is nice FM transmitter at Walmart for around $12.00 worked great with my Sprint Intercept phone but if you have a auxillary jack in your radio the best thing to do would be to get a auxillary cable and you can listen to the radio apps in the marketplace you can also answer phone calls and hear it in your whole car and also talk, it sounds great to be honest. As for a charger, I use a charger and then aux cable. I hope this helped.